Fundraising Tip: How to Raise $1,000 in 9 Days
By following this simple calendar (or modifying it to fit your personal situation), you can indeed raise $1,000, or close to it, in just nine days. If you’re not comfortable asking for these amounts from people, lower them and ask more people for smaller donations. Or if you’re feeling gutsy, ask fewer people for larger donations.
Whatever your strategy, make sure your fundraising page is in tip-top shape before asking anyone for anything. Set it up with a photo and a blurb about why you’re running, so people will feel inspired to say yes when you ask for their support.
- Day 1 – Start by donating $50 to yourself
- Day 2 – Ask two family members to support you with $50 each
- Day 3 – Ask five friends to contribute $25
- Day 4 – Asking five co-workers to contribute $15
- Day 5 – Ask five neighbors to contribute $15
- Day 6 – Ask five people from your church, temple, book club, swim club or any other community group to donate $15
- Day 7 – Ask your boss if your company would be willing to sponsor you for $75
- Day 8 – Ask five local merchants to contribute $50
- Day 9 – Ask two businesses you frequent to donate $50
And that’s it! Your $1,000 fundraising goal has been met, simple as 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9!