Join the Race to End Duchenne team for one of the world's most prestigious marathons! The 2018 TCS New York CIty Marathon on Sunday, November 4th takes you through all five boroughs of the Big Apple, letting you experience the city in a unique way. Not only will you be a part of history, but your participation will help us go the distance to end Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
Visit the Official TCS NYC Marathon Website
For questions, please contact email@example.com
To participate in the marathon, you must be 18 years or older on race day.
Run For Our Sons Team Benefits
- Paid registration into the Marathon
- Invitations for runner and a guest to our private pasta party
- Official Race to End Duchenne technical shirt and t-shirt
- Personal fundraising web page & fundraising support
- Dedicated staff person to answer all of your questions and provide support along the way
- Team message board for training support
- Training resources such as virtual training links and publications
- Frequent Team email updates
- Knowledge that you are helping to support PPMD’s mission to end Duchenne.
Race to End Duchenne Requirements
- $250 Registration Fee that counts towards your fundraising minimum.
- $11 Processing Fee paid directly to NYRR by runner
- $285 Entry Fee paid directly to NYRR by runner ($255 for NYRR members; $358 for non-US residents) and does not count toward your fundraising minimum.
- Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy (PPMD) requires a fundraising committment of $3,000 to participate on the Race to End Duchenne team.
Our Commitment to You
We're here to guide you through your race experience, from the day you sign up to the moment you cross the finish line and beyond. As a member of the Race to End Duchenne Team, we’ll be supporting you every step of the way just as we are supporting those living with Duchenne.
But it's not just about the race. By joining our Race to End Duchenne Team, you're also making an important commitment to the fight against Duchenne. We assure you that the money you raise will help improve lives. Your efforts will fund research into promising treatments, advance our advocacy efforts in Washington, provide support for families, and help us ensure access to approved therapies. Whether or not you have fundraising experience, don't stress - we have helpful resources, tips, and suggestions that will help you meet (and hopefully exceed!) your goals.
Your Commitment to Us
Race to End Duchenne Team members commit to raise funds to help improve the lives of those living with Duchenne. We've established realistic fundraising goals for each race, and we provide the tools you'll need to make it easy and fun. Think of your Race to End Duchenne participation as your personal stake in the fight against Duchenne. It's an opportunity for you to join the fight and to get your family and friends involved in a cause you're passionate about. You’ll be amazed at the support you'll receive!
As a member of the Race to End Duchenne Team, we're counting on you to fulfill your event's stated fundraising minimum. That's why, if you don't reach your goal, you will be required to make a personal donation by the fundraising commitment due date below to fulfill the balance. But don't worry - raising money is way easier than you think, so this shouldn't be a problem for you. Be sure to take advantage of the many tools and tips we offer to help you meet your fundraising goals.
Fundraising minimum due date: October 26, 2018