Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy's tireless and innovative work in the fight to end Duchenne has earned us widespread recognition, and multiple honors and awards.
PPMD holds the highest ethical standards, and consistently receives high marks from watchdog organizations.
- Pat Furlong, Founding President, CEO
- 2014 World Orphan Drug Congress | One of the Top 50 Orphan Drug Thought-Leaders (PDF)
- Board of Directors of the National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD)
- Institute of Medicine's (IOM's) Committee on Pediatric Studies
- 2012 Global Genes | RARE Champion of Hope Advocacy Award (PDF)
- The New Yorker Magazine 2010: World Changer (PDF)
- WebMD Health Hero 2010 (PDF)
- 2008 Research!America Advocacy Award (Download Press Release)
- Member of the Muscular Dystrophy Coordinating Committee, U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
- Committee member for Collaboration in Education and Test Translation Program
- Member of the data safety monitoring board for both Rare Disease Clinical Research Network and Cooperative International Neuromuscular Research Group
- Representative on the Consumer Panel of the FDA
- United Airlines “Everyday Heroes” award recipient 2002