PPMD's 2020 Advocacy Conference
March 8-10 | Washington, DC
Come and advocate for Duchenne directly with Members of Congress. Our annual Advocacy Conference continues to yield results for the Duchenne community.
Over the last 19 years Duchenne Advocacy has resulted in...
- Over $600 million in funding for Duchenne related programs at the National Institutes of Health, Center for Disease Control, and Department of Defense.
- A standard of care established and recently updated for all those diagnosed with Duchenne, which has markedly improved the quality of life and extended lifespan.
- An ever growing Duchenne drug development pipeline with over 30 companies developing drugs for Duchenne.
We hope you can join us in DC.
- Sunday, March 8th 3pm-7:30pm - Advocate training (Dupont Circle Hotel)
- Monday, March 9th, 9am-5pm - Hill meetings - both House and Senate (Capitol Hill)*
- Tuesday, March 10th, 9am-5pm - Hill meetings - both House and Senate (Capitol Hill)
[PPMD will schedule your meetings on the hill]
* Agenda for Monday may include a breakfast session but is still TBD
The PPMD Adult Advisory Committee (PAAC) Leadeship Meeting will take place Saturday March 7th and the morning of March 8th and is for PAAC members only. PAAC Members who plan to attend hill meetings must still register for the advocacy conference.
First Time Advocating?
Don't be intimidated. Before you meet with your members of Congress, PPMD will provide you with extensive training and support, so you go into your meetings feeling empowered and prepared. You will also be traveling with your fellow Advocates! Please read this helpful FAQ document which should answer many questions you may have about the conference.
The Dupont Circle
1500 New Hampshire Avenue NW, Washington DC, 20036, USA
Room rate $219 for single or double occupancy
Room rare is available for Saturday, Sunday, and Monday nights. The advocacy conference begins at 3pm on Sunday.
How to reserve:
Please find the online booking link directions below:
2. Click “Book your stay” on the right upper side
3. Enter arrival and departure dates (03.07.20-03.11.20)
4. Click “Have a code?” – Some options will be presented;
5. Click “Group Code” and after add “PPMD060320” – “Find Rooms”
6. It will pop up with available room types and group rate, so guests can proceed with booking; (which will display the non ADA rooms)
7. Please note: once you see the room option you must click "SEE ALL RATES" in order to get the Book Now option.
If you prefer to call and make reservations, you can call to (202) 483-6000 and provide block name “PPMD The HILL March 2020 Meeting” (you will need to call for ADA rooms)
Please Contact Ryan Fisher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is no fee for this event. Dinner will be provided on Sunday evening for advocate training.