PPMD's 2019 Advocacy Conference
March 3-5 | Washington, DC
Come and advocate for Duchenne directly with Members of Congress. Our annual Advocacy Conference continues to yield results for the Duchenne community.
Over the last 17 years Duchenne Advocacy has resulted in...
- A full and promising Duchenne drug development pipeline with over 40 companies developing drugs for Duchenne.
- Over $700 million in funding for Duchenne related programs at the National Institutes of Health, Center for Disease Control, and Department of Defense.
- A standard of care established and recently updated for all those diagnosed with Duchenne, which has markedly improved the quality of life and extended lifespan.
We hope you can join us in DC. It will be an important year given the new Congress in town and we will need to educate them about the history of Duchenne support by the federal government.
- Sunday, March 3rd 3pm-7:30pm - Advocate training (Mayflower Hotel)
- Monday, March 4th, 9am-4pm - Duchenne Policy Forum meeting (Mayflower Hotel)
- Tuesday, March 5th, 9am-5pm - Hill meetings - both House and Senate (Capitol Hill)
[PPMD will schedule your meetings on the hill]
First Time Advocating?
Don't be intimidated. Before you meet with your members of Congress, PPMD will provide you with extensive training and support, so you go into your meetings feeling empowered and prepared. You will also be traveling with your fellow Advocates!
Rooms are available at a discounted group rate of $249/night at the Mayflower Hotel, located at 1127 Connecticut Ave. NW, Washington DC, 202-347-3000. Reservations can be made online at this link or by calling the hotel directly and mentioning you are part of the PPMD block.
Please Contact Ryan Fisher at email@example.com.
There is no fee for this event. Dinner will be provided on Sunday evening for advocate training, breakfast and lunch will be provided on Monday for the Policy Forum.